Sunday, April 8, 2012

Team Spencer & Co. --Professional Whiffle Ball Players

Happy Easter Everybody!!!
This is part 2 of tonight's post....if you're following along...

I put together Brendons Easter basket late last night, and set it out. He about died when he saw all the fishing and T-Ball stuff. I love his face when he gets "surprises". I love the innocence in believing in something as often thought as being mundane as The Easter Bunny...or Santa, etc. I love making him smile and I actually crave and thrive on his smile. It makes all my time and late nights worthwhile.

After all the Easter basket opening was done, we got ready and headed to church for their Easter service and magnificent Easter program. It literally brought me to tears it was so moving! Josh's baby bro, Chase, did a great job portraying Jesus. And Casey was fabulous. Maybe there's a career there?? ;)
After the service we headed out to hunt eggs with the kids. It's so adorable watching them running and hunting for the eggs. I love it.
After that, we headed back home for dinner with our family. It was so good. And I made Banana Pudding, just like my Nanny used to. I guess you could say I've taken over that tradition. It was so delicious. I ate way too much, and now have heart burn. Blah. Oh well, it was definitely worth it.
As soon as all that food was scarfed down, we drove on over to Josh's Nannys for her dinner. Although we were too stuffed to eat, we gladly played a game of whiffle ball. Now, according to Nanny Janice rules,em older than 12 have to bat left handed. Which prevents them from busting it way out into the middle of nowhere. Well, they obviously misjudged me since the first ball I hit got stuck in a tree. Austin had to climb it and fetch it and I was only the 2nd batter on my team. He got it out and the game continued on. It was Me, Brendon, Joey, Lane & Brian on one team; and Cathy, Ashley, Daniel, and Austin on the other. We won by 8-10 points. We forgot how far ahead we were and nobody could agree if we had 13 or 15 to their 5. The score doesn't matter because the fun and family time overrode that easily. Now, nothing magical happened, but there was some key points in the game:
•Brian was hit directly in the shin with the ball. Everybody laughed.
•I managed to hit Ashley right under her arm pit on her side. It left a mark. I don't remember if anybody laughed cause I was about to cry I felt so bad. :( I'll apologize for that forever. I am SO sorry Ashley!!! :(
•Ashley was then hit in the shin with the ball.
•Casey tried to knock me off the base. I was scared! She was going full throttle and I was taught not to leave my base...so I tried to stand my ground. I don't remember if she got to stay on base or not, I just remember her sticking her arm out and halfway clothes lining me. She proceeded to do this every time. Then tells me she likes having me there to stop her. Sheesh woman.
•Cathy dared me to "get by her" on 3rd...again, I was scared. You all should have seen the determination in these women's eyes!
•I declared I'd never play again...multiple times. And Cathy said she'd never play with me again...then we laughed at Casey for being silly. Alls good.
•Austin mocked Lanes batting skills and said he batted like a girl...but we still won! So how's his batting now?!?! ;)
•Ashley retaliated by catching a pop up that I hit. And got me out. That's fair I guess, being as I almost broke her ribs. Love her heart. I really felt bad. Not so much after that pop up, but still feel bad...
•DANIEL BROKE MY STUPID TOE! It's bruised! Stupid boots! Who I their right mind plays whiffle ball in boots?! I'll tell you who, Daniel Clay Spencer, that's who. Needless to say I could have got him out a couple times after that but I was scared and kept yanking my foot out of the way. I didn't have shoes on...my poor big toe. :/ oh well. It's too far from my heart to kill me. :)
•Lane FINALLY hit the ball before getting a million fouls/strikes...after I showed him how a REAL girl bats... ;) he did great. And Brendon finally hit it too. I was so proud. :) #proudmomma

Anyways...I've determined that we play some violent whiffle ball. But man, it's so worth it. It was a blast. The kind of fun that makes your body hurt afterwards, but a good hurt. My hips, shoulders and arms hurt so bad, but I'd do it again in a heart beat. I've also determined that we need to join our a co-ed softball league. We could just go as "Team Spencer & Co.". We could have shirts!!!! :) Mamaw Peach & Nanny could be our cheerleaders! Ha! It would be a blast. We make a great team and would have so much fun. I had a great day, bruised toe and all. I wish we could that more often. It's just fun hanging out and playing around with family. Cathy & Casey, if you're reading this, we need to do this...like ASAP!

Now I must take my worn out body to bed.
With Love & Laughter, always.
& God Bless!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment