Well. My husband has officially knocked me up. And I blame him, just because he keeps saying that my egg was taunting his sperm, resulting in a "tussle" (his words, not mine.) that ended up in conception. Eh, I guess that is plausible.
As my more loyal followers (and Family & Friends) know, I have a 7 year old son. Well, ya know what? WE have a 7 year old son. My husband has been a constant male role model in Brendons life for YEARS now...might as well be we. Anyways. So, we have a 7 year old son. Who is a nut. And an occasional brat. But, can seriously be one of the most lovable kids ever. And at times, he is hilarious.
Joshua has, unfortunately, never experienced the whole pregnancy and birth thing. Oh, he is in for a treat! He got lucky with Brendon and came in at like 2 yrs old. So, he is crazy excited. And I'm just sitting here like "wow....all that work, lost all that weight...now, you're going to make me fat again."....I find that funny, but then again I have a very inappropriate sense of humor (especially for the next 9 months), he does not. Something else he does not do; read my blog....go ahead and tell him Casey! :P
So, this pregnancy thing. Second go around is definitely different for me. I was all excited when I found out, I had no morning sickness at all with Brendon. Actually, it was a relatively simple, and easy going pregnancy. A long labor/birth, but that was it. Don't get me wrong. I'm still super excited. It makes it so much more exciting because of sharing it with Brendon and Joshua. I just find it hard to look at all the awesomeness of it when I have a constant migraine and am sick to my stomach all the time. The bright side of things? I don't know what that is because I can't look at it or I will hurl! Stupid migraines.
When I first told Joshua, he at first was skeptical. And asked me how correct the tests usually are. He works 3rd shift so since it was noon, and he had been asleep for a few hours already....the fact that his wife is now pregnant was not that high up on his "omg meter". Understandably so. I would have liked a little more excitement than him saying "oh...ok...don't tell anyone until we know 100% for sure..." and rolling back over. I called my family dr, told her what the deal was, and knew 100% for sure by 4pm that day. That was February 28th.
I then told my husband that he had to tell his family. I already had to tell my whole family. He could tell his own. Which he balked at. Didn't want to do it, wanted me to. I made him do it. And he was halfway embarrassed the whole time. Something about his family knowing what we had been up to....
This is my husband guys. I love him dearly. He's literally one of the best things that ever happened to me...but, he is silly. And can be exasperating at times. But, I love all the quirky things about him. :)
Reactions? Well, after my mother in law pretty much called me a liar to my face and in my own home. (ahem Cathy.) I had to get both pee sticks to show her. When I stomped off to do just that, she started yelling "OMG! SHE'S GETTING PROOF! SHE'S GETTING PROOF!" I presented her with this!
And she was still smiling, and screaming and all happy. And I didn't know what to do, so I stood there and smiled and watched. It is safe to say that she is very excited! Everybody is excited as far as I can tell really. It is definitely going to be an adventure!
My parents? Not sure that either of them really care. I think the people that I attend church with are more excited than my parents. But, I didn't expect much out them in that department anyways.
Oh! Want to see Joshua's reaction once he woke up enough to understand fully that he is going to be a dad?! It's cute.
He's adorable. And is driving me up the freaking wall. I'm serious. He walks down the steps in front of me, practically giving me a piggy back ride we're so close. He would walk beside me if we would both fit. He also yells for me if we're not in the same room every so often, just to make sure I haven't done something stupid. My dr, (who is a brilliant woman, and I love her already.) informed us that "I am not eating for 2. I am eating for 1." She's had 5-6 kids herself, so I can't say "wtf do you know, woman?!" because she does KNOW. But still. That's a horrible thing to say in front of a man. Horrible. So now, he's constantly trying to get me to eat healthier, and keeps reminding me that I am eating for only 1. Ok man, I quit smoking. Cold turkey...oooo....turkey sounds great right now....anyways, I quit smoking. What more do you want?! Let me eat my 10th cupcake in freaking peace!!
So, that's a daily battle with him. And I only have 8 more months to go! Yay!
But, we did get to see the baby, which is a lima bean right now (again, Joshua's observational skills at work there.). And hear the heart beat. Which is way cooler than seeing the blurry ultrasound picture that looks like white noise/snow on an old tv to me.
Josh had went on and on about how he wanted to hear the heartbeat because he was so worried about all this stuff. (literally....everything.) So when he heard it, well, I don't know what his face looked like because of the ultrasound process....let me tell you about that real quick.
I was unaware that the first ultrasound is done vaginally. Boy, was I surprised when I walked in and the woman pulls out this rather phallic looking device hooked to a little tv and goes "go behind the curtain here that is 2 ft wide and get naked from the waist down..."...I was like "b*tch say whaaaaaa?!!" And Josh was all wide eyed and open mouthed. NEITHER of us were expecting that. At all. And it showed.
Back to the ultrasound itself.
So, I was in no position to twist around and look behind me at my husband who for some reason committed himself to sitting in the corner behind me. But, I asked him in the car on the way home what he thought when he heard the heartbeat (I don't think he understand that ultrasound picture either.) He said his reaction was "well....there it is..." My favorite thing was the big poo eating grin that he was sporting all day. Especially when he got to show the ultrasound pic off, or when he was randomly looking at it. It makes me smile. Like I said, he's so freaking cute.
So, "here it is"....whatever this may be. I'm not ever 100% sure that this is a baby....
Also, Brendon and the "baby"...He says it looks like Joshua.
I'm going to try to post the funny things that occur throughout this pregnancy. Well, the ones that I can get by with posting. Josh would die if some were posted. He's just so funny! I can't help it. I want everybody to know how funny he is! He does not. Oh well I guess. I will try to post some though. :)
Well. It has taken me a few days to get this posted. The 16th I get another ultrasound, so if I am given new pictures, I will share them as well. I'll keep everybody updated!
With Love & Laughter.
God Bless all of you!
<3
LaShannon Spencer
(Also, I have officially changed my last name on pretty much everything that is required...I have some stuff to change it on, but nothing super important. 6 months after the wedding...I'm still working on name changes. Men are so freaking lucky!!)





No comments:
Post a Comment