Bridesmaids. Not, come clean my house maids....although, If I had some of those, I'd introduce you to them as well, maybe...I wouldn't want nobody to steal all my good help away...
I have 6 lovely ladies as my bridesmaids. Each has a different story behind how we met and why they're so awesome and just in all honesty, they're all so different....so, here goes...let's meet the lovely ladies!!!
Destany
Ahhh...Destany. My baby sister. I'd say little, but she's 7 inches and some centimeters taller than I am...so, Baby it is! I feel like I don't really need to go into the details of how we met...And I've talked about her in other posts...so there's honestly not much to say about her. Besides she's tall. And I hate her for that. But, I have someone to always reach tall shelves if I need something! But in all honesty, as much as we fight and try to kill each other and threaten each other, we do get along sometimes. More often than not, but sometimes we do. Late nights playing video games are the best with her. We're both just naturally funny. And smartasses to the extreme. Sometimes she worries me when she says off the wall stuff and is serious about it, like the time we were playing Jeopardy and her answer was "Spanish-Asian War"....Yeah...that is my sister. And yes, she is a blonde. lol. God love her little heart....
Angela
One of my "ride or die" girls. We went to High School together, but she graduated a year before me. Then met up again at UK and become good friends pretty quickly. She's always there to back me up and also to stop me from buying something I don't need. Which is also why I haven't been shopping in a long while...nobody stops me from spending money like she does. I can't say we've been through a lot, cause I'm not sure we have, but we have been there for each other when either one of us needed to rant about something (specifically me..cause, well, I rant often...). I can ride with her anywhere and not want to poke my brain out listening to her music, she actually has a legit taste in music, and while some of it I can't understand cause of the yelling and growling sounds...it sure as hell beats Justin Bieber. OMG! BEST THING EVER! She showed me how freaking amazing Raising Canes is. OMG. I will FOREVER be in her debt for that alone. But, she's one of the most sweet and caring people I've ever met, she looks like a push over at first glance, but doesn't take any shit. She's been over a her own fair share of obstacles in her life, and loves and cares for her family so much, it's insane. Her dedication to school, and being independent is thouroughly inspiring and she's so intelligent. I'm sure I will somehow become a crazy patient of hers when she becomes some big wig therapist or whatever. One of my favorite things about her though, is how she can be such a smart ass bitch sometimes, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it just cracks me up when she says something that I was thinking. Eh, just one more thing that I love about her. Oh, and I still can't pronounce her name right...I'm working on that....Oh, So I've heard great things about her new fellar. Seems to be a good guy, as long as my girl is happy and in love then I'm happy...I hope their wedding plans work out because Angela in a wedding dress is even more STUNNNNNNING! She should just wear them all the time, all casual like. Gorgeous.
Tracy
And yes, I just looked on facebook to see if I was spelling her name right...I always want to an "E" after the "C"...there isn't one! So, I call her Trae. Cause there is an "E" in that! Shew. Where to start. Of all 6 (not including Destany, and trust me, nobody does.), Me and Trae go the farthest back. When I took her dress to her a few weeks ago, She said "hey, you remember when we were like in middle school and said we'd be friends forever?" and I said "yeah?" and she said "well, look at us, we really have been!!" Then we both got teary eyed and all girly, and we just couldn't have that....so we talked about her beating D up at the hospital. So yeah. That's us. In a nutshell. Through thick and thin, this girl has had my back. And I've had hers. When I was 15 and found out I was pregnant, Trae read the test to me and held me when I cried. Then broke me out of school, took me to her sister who was working in a doctors office in lex to confirm it because at 15, two positive pregnancy tests just wasn't affirmation enough that I had a bun in the oven. She also let me basically live with her that whole summer and fed me Chicken Nuggets. And Spaghetti-o's. :) The things she did for me, I could never repay her for that if I tried. She also sang Brendon songs and read him the 3 little bears while he was in my belly....a lot. And Casey (her twin) and her threw me a baby shower and basically made sure I had everything I needed for him when he was born. Ah, I'm tearing up now. Lord. You just can't imagine what all she's done for me in the past however freaking many years. I'd like to say I've stood up with her and held her when she needed it, but I don't think I can. I would if she needed it. She's one of the few people in my life that I would probably sink into a deep depression if she left my life, as I would for all my girls. Trae is also one of my "ride or die" girls (and yes, I'm intentionally not saying "bitches" everytime I say this cause Casey P. will kill me....). It's amusing to me how alike Tracy and Angela are, but how they're so different. Same taste in music, same smart assy-ness, etc etc. But they're physically like night and day. Both equally as beautiful and intelligent, just so different. Anyways...back to Tracy...she's awesome. And get's my sense of humor and my immaturity. And my serious ranting. But she's also one of the most caring and compassionate people ever. I mean, she does something with Physical therapy at an old folks home...And she's fabulous at it, her most recent promotion proves that. When she told me about it, I literally just wanted to hug her and scream because I was so proud of her. Exceptionally proud. And as long as she's happy, I'm happy. Oh, and her new Boo...I like him...And I hope he sticks around. And yes I'm including this in here because if she reads this, then she'll see it and can't ignore it. :) ha Tracy Laron!! but anyways.....He's a doll. And just by the way he talked to her and looks at her, I hope what I saw and heard was legit. Cause if not...I'll hurt him. :) For real though...But she deserves a great guy, and I hope he is. Plus, he said hi to me at speedway AND remembered my name...so yeah, bonus points. ok...now her beautiful face....
Raushawnna
There really is no explaining Raushawnna. And I'm being so serious right now. We went to high school together, got a long fine, but became close friends at UK. Honestly, she has to be the funniest person I have ever met. And so sweet. She went with me to visit my mom in the hospital once when mom had a heart attack. I swear those nurses had to have thought mom was faking it because Raushawnna had her laughing so hard. There is no way I could go through my wedding without her there to make me laugh when I'm being utterly ridiculous about something, and God knows I will be. I can't list all these great memories I have of her, or all these great things we've done. There has been some pretty awesome and/or hilarious moments in our friendship, like the time we took Brendon to walmart on the LexTran buses at UK...oh yeah, that's a good one. But our friendship isn't about all that. It's like she watches over me, and I watch over her. In a way, I can't describe it. We understand and accept each other for all the strengths, weaknesses, and faults that the other one has. And that's all we really need, in a way. Lord, we're a complicated pairing of friends...good thing we're not getting married. All my girls see through my bullshit, and most often will call me on it, but Raushawnna doesn't care where we are, what it is, if bullshit falls out of my mouth she picks it up and slams it in my face and calls me out. Just like that. And more often than not, she's late. And I'm usually late. So, my wedding will more than likely start late. Whooo...go us. I will blame Raushawnna who will call me out and tell that it was me. So that will be a great start to my wedding festivites. But seriously, I know if I need someone to talk to, I can talk to her, and she knows that same. She's one of the strongest women I know, and has faith that is indescribably strong. It's amazing. <3 her.
Tiffany
Ah, my hairstylist. :) And I'm so serious. One of the very few people I trust to do my hair and not scalp me. And that's saying a lot since I've recently banned everyone, including myself, from doing anything to my hair besides everyday styling. If I have a random hair question, I get a hold of her. She's like my hair's super hero. For real. And my poor hair needs saving often. But apart from all that, She's pretty awesome. Became friends in high school and just kept on keeping on with the friendship afterwards. I'm so proud of her getting through cosmetology school or whatever it's called, I have a horrible memory people....And not so I can have someone do my hair, but because she's done something for herself. She is also just as funny as the others, and another one of my girls who doesn't look at me like I'm stupid when I say something hilarious, she gets my humor, and loves my bitchiness. And I love hers as well. But theres two things that we both absolutely love to do...talk and gossip. I'm sure we could talk for hours about anybody and anything. Well, we actually did not too long ago, ran poor Brady to bed. :( She's probably the girliest girl out of all my girls. But I love her for that because I can get advice from her. And, she has an awesome taste in fashion and all that girly stuff. I guess I like her man, he's alright. Mainly he just sits and stares at us like we're freaks or something. I think we talk to fast for him. And I'm sure he's heard some stuff he wishes he hadn't. ;) And, I owe him Mountain Dew. I need to get on that. But, like I've said for all my other girls, as long as she's happy, I'm happy.
Brittany
Oh dear, where to even start at with her?! I can't even begin to describe her. She's one of my many baby cousins. I talk to her daily, and about everything. She's basically my rock, she keeps me grounded and makes sure I don't fly off into space. She talks me through just about everything and I do the same for her. We've entrusted so many secrets to each other, it's ridiculous. But I know that neither would ever utter a word about them to anyone. I can trust her with anything. As I could all the others as well. But Brittany and I have a different bond than myself and the others. I can't really explain it. And that says a lot cause I can explain almost anything. There's not much to say about our friendship really, just that I've got her and she has me.
AFTERTHOUGHTS
There is SO much more that I would LOVE to say about each of these women. But if I started saying it all, I'd never stop. I love them all so much and am so thankful that they're a part of my life in so many different ways. I'm truly blessed to be able to call each of them my friend. I'm also truly blessed to be able to have them standing beside me at my wedding and wouldn't have it any other way. I admit, I can't explain why I consider each one friends any further than what I've listed, and that may sound petty of me or whatever. But in reality, it's a beautiful thing, to be able to be friends with someone and NOT have to have a reason or explain the friendship. Each one has opened my heart, eyes and mind to so many different things in life and has shown me so many different personalities and introduced me to different people. I can just pick a reason, it's not like that. I don't NEED or HAVE to have a reason to be friends with them. And I love it. I love not having to have that explaination, not having to have a boundary to our friendships. It's truly amazing. And you may not understand what I'm talking about, or maybe you kind of do, but it's like loving someone and not knowing why. You just do. We just are. It's like people ask me why I love Josh, I can't answer that without writing a book, theres so many reasons why. But at the end of the day, I just do, there is no reasoning or explainations to love and friendships. And if you have to explain it, then theres a large possibility it's not real. I can not stress enough how thankful I am for these 6 women. All of which I could never repay for the things they've done for me, helped me through, or just listened to me vent. It's a priceless thing. I just hope that I'm just as good a friend to them as I consider them to be to me. These are just 6 of the very few people in this world that I trust with my life and my sons life. I know that if I needed them, they'd be there, and I for them. But even if we haven't spoken in MONTHS or even YEARS, we can meet up and hang out or just call/text and it's like not even an hour has passed since we've spoken. It's true what they say about "absence makes the heart grow fonder." That's how close we are. There's not lapse of time in between meet ups and conversations. I personally beleive that all friendships should be like this. If it were, the world would be a better place. I know my life has been better with them in it. And I thank God everyday for each one of them.
I love you 6.
And thank you all for being in my wedding and standing up with me.
Thank you for putting up with my random texts about random wedding stuff that probably didn't even pertain to you. Thank you for not causing me to be a Bridezilla. Thank you for telling me you love the dresses, even if you don't (and for saying you love future wedding stuff, even if you don't.). Thank you for NOT making me dance at my future bachelorette party, they don't know this yet, but I'm not dancing....honestly, there's way too much to thank them for. Just thank you for anything and everything that you've ever done for me and ever will do for me. And again, I love you.
With Love & Laughter.
and always, God Bless.
<3






No comments:
Post a Comment