As everyone knows, I like to rant. I rant about a lot of things on here, and sometimes I do post more serious and/or lighthearted things.
This will be kind of another rant, but also more like me trying to get my head around some thoughts. Trying to understand something, if you will.
This week the County Fair is going on. That's all I've heard about and read about for well over a week now. Obviously, most of the people I talk to are adults, my age or older. So when I hear/see people 20+ years old talking constantly about the fair and asking people to go with them it annoys me. I mean, do these people not HAVE to work?! What do they do all day/night to be able to go to the fair 2-3 times a week? A lot of them have kids. Who wants to take their child to the fair multiple times? Actually, who the hell can afford it?!
I had no intentions of going to the fair this year, but, someone informed my son that it was going on so when he started asking to go, I took him. We were there for maybe 3 hours. Long enough for him to ride all the rides he could, play some games and eat some horrible food. And he hasn't asked to go back, that's how lame it is. You go once, why go back?!
I'm a firm believer that if you go to the fair more than once, you're just looking for trouble. Most of these "kids", and I put that in quotations because as of right now, I am talking about people my age. People who should be responsible working adults with bills to pay and/or children to feed. But then, there's the problem of there being actual kids there as well.
Lets talk about my issue with the "kids". These people either don't have jobs, or they have jobs but blow their money on stupid things like the fair. The ones that don't have jobs: if they're going to the fair multiple times during the week that it is operating, where are they getting their money?! Oh yes, my tax dollars. I'd be willing to bet that at least 75% of these people are drawing checks or receive some other government aid. I don't have a problem with people receiving government aid, not at all. My problem is that if you are able to buy tattoos, alcohol to party with, iPhones, etc etc and go to the fair, you are fully capable of going to work and paying your own bills. And not only that, but where are your kids. A lot of these people have children. But when you see them out (the fair and other places) they never have their children. If seen at the fair, they'll most likely tell you that the child is too young to really enjoy the fair. Ok, well if their child is older than, let's sayyyy....3? And if it's a question of having to pay $10 for said child who won't enjoy it, it's free for kids that small honey.
For those that have jobs: I still don't get it. Do they not have anything better to do with their lives? No bills? Food that needs to be bought?! Even if you go to the fair just twice in the whole week, you're still going to end up spending about $30 each time. That's still $60 that you could have put back, or purchased something worthwhile with. Or, ya know, paid a bill or bought food. And if you're this old anyways, why are you even at the fair? Do you enjoy hanging out with little teenagers? Especially those of you who don't have children to take to the fair.
Then you have think about how these people are acting. I've never in my life been so appalled at a lot of people's behavior who are around my age. Seriously. I literally had to stop at least once and look at some person like they were imbeciles b0ecause they're at the fair, barely dressed, and I hear them talking about how they're "gonna whip some punks asssss." while puffing on a Marlboro Red. Really? And you're how old again? That's exactly why these people go to the fair so much. The drama and excitement! Who could bear to miss it?!
Ok, so what about the fair-goers who are legitimate kids? And by the way, when I say legitimate kids, I'm talking freshly turned 18 and down. That's it. Once you turn 18, you're an adult, so act like it. Get a job, grow up and gain some responsibility. Hell, I've had a job (and most of the time went to school as well) since I was 16. So yes, it KILLS me when I see people my age and older (especially older) who don't work and pretty much haven't worked a day in their lives. Back to the kids though, thing is, if you didn't know the "kids" from above were actually 20+, you would think that they were 18 and/or younger. That's how they act. And a lot of the times, the actual kids act more mature. And that says a lot. I know a 15 year old boy, a fellow Berrymans employee to be exact, who has a job because he wanted one. Not because his parents made him work, but because he wanted to help contribute towards purchasing a car next year and liked having his own money. But then I see people who are 25 who just don't care that it's 15 year old's who are working to support their checks. It's sickening.
Whoops...got off topic again....So, we're at the fair. It's all fine and dandy, we're having a good ole time. And then I get bored. And I start to looking around, people watching if you will. And I realize that I missed the "come to the fair dressed like a prostitute" memo. I felt way over dressed in my jeans, boots and T-Shirt. (note the sarcasm there...) Girls as young as maybe 12-13 were basically wearing denim panties, boots, and a tank top or some other kind of almost nothing shirt. 5 lbs of makeup must have been a requirement as well. I was just flabbergasted. It was insane. A lot of these young ladies were there with just friends. Mom and Dad had dropped them off and was coming back later that night to get them. Have they not heard about pedophiles?! I mean Lord have mercy! Some were so scantily clad that I wanted to shield my 6 year old sons eyes as we walked by them! Just the way they stand, and talk and present themselves make them seem so much older. Which more often than not, is their intentions and will lead them down a dark and twisted path.
I am literally in awe of how much I could tell about Montgomery Counties inhabitants just from spending a few hours at the fair. Granted, I see enough of that at work. It's disturbing, disgusting and saddening all at the same time. I mean, the first of the month is always a big busy time for Berrymans. Most of the counties citizens get their checks then, and instead of doing what the check is intended for, they will come into Berrymans multiple times the first week or so of the month and spend $30 at a time buying food. And we're not the only place they go to either. I'm sure on your check it says "go directly to Berrymans and buy everything on the menu", because that's what it seems like.
Now, I know someone is probably thinking "well, how is it any of your business what other people do and how they let their kids dress?!" It's not....but then again, it is. When this is the future of our country, I'm allowed to be concerned. When this is what my hard earned tax dollars are going towards, I'm allowed to be pissed. I could have really used that $100 in taxes this month to buy my baby some school clothes, but no, someone had to have their pills and God knows what else, so it went to them.
The thing about it is that this is how the government is raising our future generations. Yes, a lot of these people grew up with parents who more than likely did the same thing. That's bad parenting. But when the government makes it so easy for people like this to live off of them and to not have to do anything to get the help, that's also bad parenting. This is what these people see everyday, it's what they're used to, that's what they think life should be like for them.
Another reason it pisses me off is because here I am, 22, worked since I was 16, tried to go to college, trying to go back and a mother. And I can't get government assisted housing. I've applied and been turned down twice. What is up with that?! I've factored it up multiple times and even with my recent raise, I a still at least $300-$500 below the poverty line. Somebody please explain this to me, because I am obviously missing something here! I know people living in government housing, who don't work, get the majority of their bills paid for by the government, get food stamps and anything/everything they can....and don't work or even try to better themselves. But why would they?! If it's being paid for and is taken care of, why work for it? That's the mind set these people have and how they have been taught to live by both their parents and the system. It's twisted that I can't go to the doctor because I have no insurance and don't qualify for any medical card because I'm over the age of 21, when I really might need it. But yet, I'd probably be able to get one if people stopped mooching off the government.
And as far as the half naked kids go? If you dress like a slut/hoodlum, you'll be treated like a slut/hoodlum. I'm just saying. But I'm not saying that they're either of those things, that's what people don't understand. It's the whole judging a book by it's cover thing. That's how whores/hoodlums dress and act, so that's automatically what they'll be perceived as on a subconcious level. Am I right, or am I right?! But it all goes back to parenting. Here I am, 22, about to be married and going on a honey moon. So I bought me a mini skirt/tank top outfit to wear in California on our honeymoon. I don't like short shorts, let alone short skirts. And this is the FIRST mini skirt I've ever wore, let alone bought. And the thing is, it has a top that rolls down/up so I can make it longer! AND it's mid thigh, not coochie high. Not even joking right now. I tried it on the other day when it came in, my dad saw and the first words out of his mouth were "WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING IN THAT?!?!" so I told him what I had bought it for and asked if it looked ok. his reply was "well, it don't look bad. But I don't freaking like it....just don't wear in front of me. I don't like it. I just don't like it." I'M 22 FREAKING YEARS OLD PEOPLE! And my dad still monitors what I wear because I live in HIS house. Hes not as bad as he used to be, but still not so nonchalant about my attire as obviously a lot of parents are. I would never even have thought to wear shorts coochie high when I was younger, and honestly, now that I'm thinner and can wear them; It's the MOST uncomfortable thing in the world. How?! How can you wear something so tight and short that you have to constantly dig it out?! Oh wow...why don't you just save your self the trouble of digged and just wear boy short panties? If people only realized how serious I was right now.
But not only that, I saw countless kids under the age of 10 walking around by themselves. Or with one friend who was close to or the same age as they are. SERIOUSLY?! I can assure you that your family is not immune to being prayed on by a kidnapper/pedophile. Where are their parents?! This is often how a lot of the above mentioned ignorance gets started. No legitimate guidance by parents. End of story. I can't continue talked about it, or I will really get mad, and it's too early to get mad.
And also, little ladies, there ARE some things that do NOT go with cowgirl boots. Like denim panties. And knee high purple socks. You can always tell the girls who don't wear boots on a regular basis. They're the ones who have on really high socks that you can see over the tops of their boots.
Here's my advice to any/and all of these people mentioned above: Grow up. Be an adult. Get some responsibility. Put on some damn clothes. Get a job. Be an upstanding citizen of our county, country. And to the parents: PUT SOME DAMN CLOTHES ON YOUR KIDS!! AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!
To the government: Seriously? Get your shit together. I'm tired of working my ass off for minimum wage, or barely over it in my case, so people such as these above can have every freaking thing in life they want/need handed to them. Can I write a letter to Obama?! Or whoever?! I need to. Somebody needs to do something. Ya know, when I heard they were going to drug test people who are getting government assistance, such as food stamps and/or medical card, I was ecstatic. That would mean so many more people wouldn't be mooching off the system. But then I found out it was only going to apply to new applicants. Ummm I think the problem lies in the current applicants as well, if not more so, my friend. For real. This is the ignorant things that they are doing to help make things more fair. Ummm no. I'm sorry, I'm all for trusting our government, or at least attempting to do so, but this stuff makes it hard. It also makes it really hard to trust that Obama has helped at all, and I voted for him and as of late have been seriously regretting that. I need something done that is going to effect us Joe Shmo's . As far as I can tell, nothing has been done to help me, my family, and/or anybody I know. Everybody needs to get their act together. This world is so messed up it's ridiculous.
I just don't even want to imagine what the world is going to look like, be like, when my son is my age.
As always, with Love & Laughter.
God Bless & Good Wishes.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment