Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hi, My Name is LaShannon...and I'm a little bit country.

ahhh...blogging.  I honestly never thought that I would. But a good friend said I would make a decent author, which I'm too busy to actually try to write a book, so blogging it is! I'm going to make this post a "Introducing...Me!!" post. So here goes...

I am 22, I live in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky. Specifically the country. In a trailer. A small trailer. With my parents (don't judge me. real estate is crazy expensive around here and my fiance and I are looking for a place...don't judge me.), my younger (although 8 inches taller than me) sister, my 6 year old adorably country son, 3 dogs, a bunch of chickens, a horse and a recently acquired goat. Yep, it's crazy around here. 

Reading is my passion. I love it. If I'm not online looking for something for my wedding or reading something online, then you can find me being all nerdish over a book. I read to my son often, whether he wants me to or not. I used to draw, a lot, but since I have an active 6 year old, it's hard to draw or do anything artistic unless it's arts & crafts time with him. But I'm ok with that. I also thoroughly enjoy photography. I photograph almost everything and will probably drive everybody crazy with my posts. I apologize in advance. 

Now onto the number 1 passion in my life: Brendon Christopher Lee Holder. Yep, that's a long long name for such a little boy. And boy, it is a pain to yell it all out when I'm angry. I usually just stop at Brendon Christopher L....by then I'm out of breath. Born on December 14th in 2005, he's been my number 1 man for 6 years and counting. As often as his smarty pants comebacks and wittiness get on my everlasting nerve, he is quite the entertaining comedian. Hopefully he will make a career and I will never have to work again...wishful thinking, but oh well. Since he says he's going to be a mad scientist...at the moment anyways, a month ago he was going to be a country singer, and month before that he was going to be a horse wrangler/cowboy/rodeo star. Maybe something will stick, right now, it's mad scientist. 

Brendon enjoys a lot of stuff. And I literally mean, A LOT! Here's a short list: horses, other animals, my fiance's doting family (they claim him as their own and fawn over him. Him being him, and loving attention like he does, he LOVES visiting them.), my dad (aka: Poppy), my sister (aka: Aunt Des, evil babysitter depending on mood), his coon dog, arts & crafts, school, movies, cowboy movies, video games, and just noise. No specific noise. Just noise. The louder and more irritating to others it is, the better. I guess that's a boy for you. Oh, and ZOMBIES!!! He absolutely loves anything and everything to do with zombies. And scary movies. Why you ask? Heck if I know. He is the offspring of a very peculiar woman...that may explain it. And he's 6. Anyways, he loves the show "The Walking Dead even though I have to make him cover his eyes on occasion, he still loves it. I love it as well, so we watch it together, along with other scary movies. (Now, understand this before I go farther...I do NOT allow my child to watch scary movies to torture his little brain and/or cause him to have nightmares. He, as of yet, has not had any nightmares...at all. Even though I have. I am incredibly picky when I do decide to let him watch one, and it is not even all that often that I do...Please do not think that I am a horrible mother who is going to give her child a complex of some sort...)

Now on to my number 2 passion...my fiance. He is literally the best. Awesomely epically heroic manly man of mine. That I often call Stud Muffin. Just to see his face turn red. :) ha. He is just amazing. I love him wholeheartedly and can not wait to marry him in September. <3 There's not much to say about him though. He loves hunting. literally loves hunting. I mean, he refused to get married in November because he was afraid I'd pick a day that he would be able to go hunting. Seriously. So, because I love him, I decided on September. We're both happy now. We're an odd couple. I'll continue to prove that point in future posts. Don't worry. 
We met in middle school, never dated, until I needed a prom date our senior year in 2008. I forced him to be my date. Literally. FORCED the man to be my date. And we've been together ever since. Thank God for me being pushy. ;) Love his little blessed heart. 

There are so many other "introductory" things I could mention in this post. But, I shall post about them later seeing as it's bath/homework/reading/bed time at my household. Hopefully those that do decide to follow me will enjoy my posts. If I'm doing it wrong, let me know! PLEASE!!!! I beg of you...help me if you think I need it. ;)

Brendon Christopher & Rosie, his new baby goat.
                         
Joshua Clay & I...blurry restaurant Pic. I love the randoms. :)
Brendon & Rosie...again....

No comments:

Post a Comment